Olympic Report

Actually any report that I could give can be seen in the local newspapers -- so I will not bother to report other than two of my three sons are having a great time partying in Vancouver. It really looks like they are having a blast (for those of you born after the 80's -- that means having a good time).

The weather has been sunny, the temperature is above zero and no snow on the ground. I am tempted to crank up my motorcycle but that would bring on the snow without any question.

I have just about had enough of the winter even if it has been relatively mild. I have now booked the annual trip to Cuba for an overdose of mojitos and cigars. It is my destination of choice since there is no reason to take my computer. A week of doing nothing -- I can't wait to be bored to death. It is an interesting feeling - but just for a short period of time.

And when I get back, the next weekend the clocks are set back an hour -- I am always amused by the fact that it is reported that we get an extra hour of sunlight -- not if you wake up at sunrise. But, nevertheless -- it will give me a reason to get the motorcycle ready for when the snow and salt disappear. and then, and then, and then -- I get ready to bring out the car - none too soon. yee haw! but never fool with mother nature - she has a way of waking up and biting you on the rear.

No comments:

Post a Comment