Optimism

If I recall correctly, I do not think that I ever sat through an entire episode of the Tonight Show going all the way back to the 60's. I have seen tidbits from time to time, but having ADDDDDD, and trying to be asleep by 11:00 there was not a chance that I was going to survive a full episode. But, like all the baby boomers who say they saw the Beatles live or were at Woodstock, I had to see at least a portion of Conan O'Brian's last episode. Conan made a point of indicating that he had no time for cynics -- they were not the type of person with whom he wished to associate with.

What is relevant to my posting is his comment about not wishing to entertain people who are cynics. I do not believe that cynicism and paranoia are synonymous. That is why, I have repeated over and over and over the phrase: "hope for the best, plan for the worse, and expect the unexpected".


That being the case, here is what I hope for the chiropractic profession:

I hope that the profession can continue to provide the care to the public that is so unique to the profession.

I hope that the profession can deal with its weakest links and ensure that the public is protected by those who are elected to the role of "self governance" for the profession.

I hope that the public's knowledge of chiropractic grows by leaps and bounds year after year.

I hope that every chiropractor comes to the awareness that continuing educations involves knowledge of all things ranging from clinical practice to practice management to research on a global and invidual basis.

I hope that every chiroprator comes to the awareness that the guardians of the profession are its educational institutions, its professional associations, and its publications.

I hope that every chiropractor comes to the awareness that there are living legends involved in the chiropractic profession who should be acknowledged and who supported in their advancement of the interests of the profession.


back to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment