1982 was a pretty good year. Ian Coulter had become President of CMCC, Doug Brown nominated me as the first Honorary Member of CMCC which was given to me by Richard Luck at the CMCC Homecoming Gala and some time around that time I was invited to speak at the Alberta Chiropractic Convention. It was a wild event which must remain between myself, Dr. Luck and all those that spent the Saturday evening telling stories until 2:00 am (Dr. Carter, Dr. Gushaty, Dr. Ball, Dr. Ladell, spouses, Dr. Luck and maybe more). It was during this time that I learned that Dr. Luck has tried to walk on water. I also met Dr. Tom Amalo (but that is another story.)

It was also the year that I became the only Canadian (foreign) member of the National Association of Chiropractic Attorneys. I was given a warm welcome in Denver at their annual meeting. I quickly learned that anything that happens in the USA will reach the Canadian border within 5 years.

During the early '80s I travelled with respect to the chiropractic profession to Kansas City, Denver, Detroit, Lake Geneva (Wisconsin), Banff, and Vancouver. Interesting times.

No comments:

Post a Comment