What a great weather weekend in Toronto.

On Saturday, I travelled to the Beaches and then spent a couple of hours in Yorkville with my two favourite hobbies -- biking and cigars. While in a restaurant with Len Goodman, in came Dr. House. He didn't bother us so we didn't bother him. He sat alone for a while and then had the company of a couple of other persons that I have seen on West Wing. Except for allowing them to remove one of the chairs from our table, they didn't otherwise bother or interrupt us. Very polite of them.

On Sunday I participated in the Blue, Red & White Ride for the Salvation Army Toy Fund. The Blue is for police officers, the red is for firemen and the white is for the emergency medical team. Prior to the beginning of the ride (over a couple of hundred bikes) there was a memorial service remember 9/11. It was a somber occassion.

Finally, I was asked to participate in a weekend meeting for a non-profit organization that I am involved with. The following was my answer:


my comments as they relate to accounting and summer weekends in Ontario:

I am 62 years old -- if the weather is perfect for weekends then I have approximately 13 years of motorcycling left -- in those 13 years there are less than 6 months of potential nice weekends -- meaning 24 weeks. x 13 years = 312 weekends x 2 days = 624 possible days

of the 624 possible days at least 20% will be taken up by commitments leaving 499 days free -- of those probably 60% will be affected by weather leaving 199 expected beautiful Ontario days meaning 100 good weekends in the next 13 years.

so, do we really want to have a meeting on a weekend????

allan

No comments:

Post a Comment