I am full of a lot of things including one liners; two liners and other hot air. Over the years almost anyone that I meet that is worth talking to will get to hear or be forced to hear some of those one-liners. Two that come to mind are:

1. When I first met my in-laws they were at the proverbial joker of a next door neighbour who like all such individuals commenced to grill me, ie. what was I doing; what was I planning on doing with my life; what did my parents do.

With respect to the last question, I answered: My parents are in the iron and steel business -- my mother irons and my father steals. That stopped the conversation and has been a permanent part of my repetoire.

2. Whenever I decide to do something a little crazy (meaning "stupid) as in the case of motorcycling; cuba cigar smoking etc etc -- people ask me if I got permission from my wife.

With respect to that question my answer is always: I ask my mother for permission and my wife for forgiveness.


This now takes me to the point at hand. I have been told by my much better half (whose house I would like to continue to live in) that I continue to post such things as -- I have just returned from Florida ; or I am travelling to New York etc., etc. As if I am going alone. This is incorrect -- I travel with my wife (other than cigar smoking in Cuba).

So, wherever you have read "I" please change it to "we" -- as in Allan and Judy.

I hope that works and forgiveness is in the works.

by for now.
allan

No comments:

Post a Comment