Another wonderful weather weekend. I had decided a while ago to start forgoing food after 7 pm. As a result, with an hour to spare, I have just returned from having a banquet burger, fries and a large coke. What a diet. But, while stuffing my face and having ADDDDDD I was also reading an old motorcycle magazine.

The end result was that I recalled on Friday having compared with my friend Vince war stories about various bodily injuries. While he is much younger than I am, he kept up to my littany of injuries, ie. broken bones, motorcycle accidents, lost teeth etc, ad nauseum. The description of injuries involves some very lurid details of how the injuries occured -- made all the better with a puff on a cigar.

The reason for the recollection was that in the motorcycle magazine there was mention by Gwen Roberts of a comment made by her sister Gayle which was:

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

so, time to add some more adventures to my bucket list.

now I have to prepare for my own HTA trial taking place tomorrow. back to the books.

allan

No comments:

Post a Comment