Another day another post. Actually two. I posted an index to assist in finding the articles on such things as valuations, contracts, associates, and agreements of purchase and sale. Good sailing.

Now I am moving in a different direction. I had sort of promised myself that one day I would put into writing all of the people who I have come into contact with in the health care professions starting back in 1976. Not that it matters to anyone in general, but I am going to try and do this in chronological order. This should keep me blogging for a few weeks or months. So here goes:

1.

My first contact with the chiropractic profession came when I returned to Toronto from attending law school at the University of Western Ontario. I had spent three years complaining of an ear ache and was astutely diagnosed as it being a matter of "tension" and being prescribed valium. Nice way to keep a person with ADDDDDDD (not yet a known problem) smiling through law school. A friend from back in early school was enrolled at chiropractic college and as an intern was rubbing his hands in glee when we decided that I should seek a proper diagnosis and treatment at his hands. The person in question was Allan Gotlib, who is now Editor in Chief of the Journal of the Canadian Chiropractic Association.

I attended for the assessment which as I remember it was termed a "subluxation". I had been x-rayed and after a consultation it was determined that an upper cervical adjustment was what was needed. Being anxious for the treatment but not exactly co-operative, soon to be Dr. Gotlib called upon Dr. Bob Kilgannon to assist in the treatment. It would work like a charm and a pain that I had suffered with for years was gone within days as I remember it. I still need treatment from time to time -- but that will be a story for a future time. Needless to say, I remember that first treatment as if it happened yesterday. Too bad it hadn't happened decades earlier.

More about that first visit and subsequent visits and more persons tomorrow and thereafter.

No comments:

Post a Comment