3.

I continued dealing with the plan of management set out by Allan Gotlib, overseen by Dr. Kilgannon and visited CMCC once or twice a week for adjustments, modalities and even a time on a table trying to stretch me to new heights. Each visit added to my belief that chiropractic could do for me what nothing else had been able to accomplish -- pain relief and much more mobility.

I eventually corresponded with Alfred Rozeiu in the early spring of 1976 (having now become a member of the legal profession) with respect to the potentiality of my teaching the course that used to be taught by Dr. Homewood and as required by the Drugless Practitioner’s Act of Ontario as it related to chiropractic licensure. We met, chatted and then he arranged for an interview with Dr. Herb Vear, the Dean of CMCC.

When I met with Dr. Vear, he invited me into his office and while he finished a phone conversation, I was able to view the multitude of pictures on his wall which were made up mostly of World War II fighter planes. Dr. Vear had been in the Air Force during the War. We spent most of the interview talking about his adventures and ordeals during the War. I didn’t have to say too much.

I was offered the position and Professor Rozieu subsequently advised me that I would be providing 9 lectures to the 4th year class starting in September, 1976. The course was entitled “chiropractic jurisprudence”. I had no idea what that was, so I spent a couple of months preparing lectures on “jurisprudence” as I understood the term in law school. Boy, was I wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment