Five in a row and still counting. I am really getting the hang of this. Another realization -- do a posting whenever you get five minutes -- so at 8:13 am. here it goes.

2.

That first visit to the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College at 1900 Bayview Avenue in the City of Toronto was obviously not going to be my last. Allan Gotlib, as I recall, indicated that I would need 9 or so treatments. I remember asking if I could get them all at once. As I recall, I didn't realize that an intern, at that time, might have to see a patient for nine visits to get a credit -- actually I needed a lot more than nine treatments and still need treatment.

I have and continue to take exception to those people who say that when you see a chiropractor once you have to see him or her forever. it is a ridiculous statement no different than suggesting a trip to a dentist should be a one time visit. My bad habits continue and it takes chiropractic care to keep me on my feet -- 190 lbs standing on two 9 inch bases -- you can do the science.

Anyway, back to our story -- I continued with the care -- involving adjustments, modalities and even being hooked to a bed which tried to stretch me to a new height -- literally.

When I received the first adjustment -- I must say I acted rather abruptly and mentioned something about the legal system. Dr. Kilgannon was not all together happy about not being told I was a lawyer (I was only an articling student). Eventually the conversation became more cordial and we discussed the teaching of "jurisprudence" at CMCC. It had been taught by the esteemed Dr. Earl Homewood.

The next chapter of my adventure was into the world of jurisprudence at CMCC and meeting with Alfred Rozieu and Dr. Herb Vear................

No comments:

Post a Comment